Sunday, April 27, 2008

The Gadgets



I am a HUGE Matt Johnson (THE THE) fan, the 1983 LP Soul Mining is one of my favorite albums of all time. Before THE THE and after The Gadgets Matt had a one off solo career on 4AD with his other amazing 1981 experimental
Synth release of Burning Blue Soul. While Matt was busy forming & refining elements of THE THE, he was an honorary member of Marc Almond's masterpiece supergroup Marc And The Mambas. Matt is busy man..

I can go on for hours on how awesome he is, but I know you all know this already. Please check out his website posted above, and check out the unpretentious activism he
is associated with..

Here is the best of the 3 Gadgets releases. This is the only one that Matt truly participated in..

The Gadgets - Gadgetree LP - 1980 - UK



Get it here:

GADGETREE

Check out this well spoken interview with Matt Johnson:




THIS MAN IS A GENIUS!!




Hope you like

Clap Clap

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your blog, the music, aesthetic are awesome. Thanks.

W. said...

I'm an admirer of Colin Lloyd Tucker's work so thanks you for Gadgetree, I haven't heard it for along time.

I'd be interested in other Gadgets LP's.

The Plain Characters LP is brilliant and I like his own "Songs Of Love & Life".

Lovely blog, I'll be keeping an eye on it.

Anonymous said...

Cheers for the gadgets album - been looking foa long time for it.

Allan - Midwich Youth Club